Alice J. Schenall, MPH, MCHES, RHEd
Assistant Director, Area L AHEC – Human and Public Relations
(Director – Public Health/Dental/Medical Education)
Program Faculty Assistant
Area L AHEC dental education provides a number of services and educational programs for the dental professional in the region. Working through the Area L AHEC Dental Advisory Committee, composed of a representative from each county in the region, AHEC provides a series of continuing education topics for area dental personnel. These programs are generally structured for clinical training, are three hours in length, and are held in a central location. Educational and professional activities include:
- Developing continuing education programming for the dental health discipline
- Offering technical assistance, consultation, and information services to enhance dental care delivery
- Providing clinical educational opportunities for dentists and dental auxiliaries
- Providing a resource person for dental health issues
- Offering the AHEC intraoral radiography training course for office-trained dental assistants (40 hours of didactic and hands-on training) twice per year
- Providing an information resource library of dental videotapes, bibliographic searches, and database information
- Promoting the expansion of dental careers and manpower development for the recruitment and retention of dental care provided
FEES: Fees are noted for each program and will differ based on hours and cost to present program.
CREDITS: CEU and AGD credits will be offered.