Welcome to Area L AHEC
Part of the North Carolina AHEC Program
As of January 1, 2015 the use of tobacco or e-cigarettes is not allowed in the Area L AHEC building or on campus at any time. This policy is for the health and safety of all employees and guests.
Area L AHEC programs are targeted toward:
- Improving the distribution and retention of healthcare providers
- Increasing the representation of minorities and disadvantaged populations in all health disciplines
- Enhancing the quality of care and improving outcomes of healthcare services
- Enhancing cultural awareness in healthcare services
- Addressing the health needs of underserved communities and populations
- Introducing and supporting health-related technology services
Area L AHEC is governed by a fourteen-member Board of Trustees representing the area consortium hospitals and counties. The president of Area L AHEC serves as the Board’s management leader and chief executive officer. Area leaders serve on a regional advisory committee and meet with the AHEC Board and president to address healthcare issues. The regional education bases for Area L AHEC are Halifax Regional Medical Center, Inc. in Roanoke Rapids, Nash Health Care Systems, Inc. in Rocky Mount, Vidant Edgecombe Hospital in Tarboro, and Wilson Medical Center in Wilson.