(Regional Extension Center)
Shannon V. Cambra, RT(R)
Director — Practice Support Activities
Shawna B. Jones
Program Faculty Assistant
AHEC can help achieve meaningful use of your EHR! As a federally-designated Regional Extension Center, the North Carolina Area Health Education Centers Program (NC AHEC) provides individualized, on-site electronic health record (EHR) consulting tailored to your practice’s specific needs at no charge to you.
Our consultants can help:
- Prepare your practice for an EHR by assessing and redesigning your office systems
- Evaluate and select a certified EHR that offers the best value for your practice
- Identify and enhance workflows in your practice
- Successfully implement a certified EHR
- Achieve state and federal standards for meaningful use of EHR incentive payments to providers in your practice
- Use your EHR as a tool to help improve care and satisfaction for you, your patients and staff
Each provider in your practice may be eligible for up to $44,000 or more! Incentives are time-limited. Whether you are searching for a new EHR or a way to meet meaningful use requirements with your current EHR, we can help. There is no charge to your practice although federal funding for this service is time-limited.