Area L AHEC Meeting Facilities
DAVID M. WEBB LEARNING INSTITUTE
The Dr. David M. Webb Learning Institute consists of a large classroom capable of accommodating up to approximately 120 participants. The space can be partitioned into four separate classrooms (A, B, C, and D) that can be used independently. Each individual classroom will accommodate up to 30 people.
The Dr. David M. Webb Learning Institute is designed to serve healthcare professionals within the Area L AHEC region (Edgecombe, Halifax, Nash, Northampton, and Wilson counties) through educational programs designed to address specific job training and skill development needs which prepare this workforce to work more effectively with rural populations.
The Learning Institute may be used for the following purposes:
- Training seminars and workshops for healthcare professionals
- Technical assistance and consultation to healthcare professionals
- Student training and development for health science students
- Education of the community on various issues in health care
- Other health educational purposes as approved by the Area L AHEC President and the Chairperson of the Dr. David M. Webb Learning Institute Committee
Outside Agency Use
Outside agencies requesting use of the Learning Institute facility will be subject to an administrative fee and fees associated with room and equipment rental. Each classroom (A,B,C, and/or D) must be reserved separately, according to the number of participants anticipated. Agencies must agree to follow all Dr. David M. Webb Learning Institute policies.
- Make checks payable to Area L AHEC, and mail to Post Office Drawer 7368, Rocky Mount, North Carolina 27804. Payment must be received at least 10 days prior to the program date.
- The outside agency is responsible for obtaining appropriate consent forms for videotaping, audiotaping, and/or taking pictures.
- Newspaper or press coverage of any event must be approved by the Area L AHEC President.
- The outside agency is responsible for arranging security if needed, and for covering any associated costs.
- Area L AHEC assumes no liability for any personal injury or for any items lost or damaged during the use of the facility. Area L AHEC will not be responsible for any damage to personal vehicles while parked on the AHEC property.
- Area L AHEC reserves the right to deny use of the facility to anyone and for any event.
To request a room for your agency:
- Email the Executive Secretary the purpose of your request, the expected number of participants, and audio-visual needs.
- After room availability is confirmed, print and complete the Learning Institute Room Request/Agreement Form. Return the completed form via e-mail (Elizabeth.Leonard@arealahec.org) or fax (252.972.0419).
- Area L AHEC will send both signed originals to the requesting agency for appropriate signatures and requests that one of the signed originals be returned to Area L AHEC.