Area L AHEC is pleased to provide housing for students during community-based training experiences within Edgecombe, Halifax, Nash, Northampton, and Wilson counties. Seven apartments are maintained in Wilson, Rocky Mount, and Roanoke Rapids.
- Each apartment is completely furnished, including cookware, microwave oven, coffee maker, toaster, tv, and washer/dryer
- Wireless internet access is provided
- Students are responsible for bringing sheets (twin or full bed), towels, blankets, toiletries, pillows, and other expendable items
- Cleaning supplies are provided to students as they are expected to help keep the apartments clean and in good condition
- Student spouses or family members cannot be accommodated
- Pets are PROHIBITED
When AHEC housing is available, students are requested to use this lodging. Students who choose not to utilize available AHEC housing are responsible for securing and paying for their own lodging.
Students from the following schools are considered to have an affiliation with the NC AHEC program:
- Appalachian State University
- Campbell University
- Duke University
- East Carolina University
- Elon University
- Gardner-Webb University
- High Point University
- Lenoir-Rhyne University
- Meredith College
- Methodist University
- NC A&T
- Pfeiffer University
- UNC-Chapel Hill
- Wake Forest University
- Western Carolina University
- Wingate University
- Winston Salem State University
Housing is available at the following locations:
Application for Housing
- Applications are processed in the order they are received, so early reservations are advised
- Submit your application as soon as your rotation dates are confirmed, even if you are not AHEC affiliated
- Other applications will be accepted, space permitting, on a first-come, first-served basis
In order to receive instructions on where to get your key, you will need to complete the required online forms, listed below in the blue Housing Forms Box. After you have completed the forms we will be in contact with you about where to get your keys.
If you have any additional questions or concerns regarding housing please contact our Housing Coordinator, Michaela Karriker, or call her at 252-972-6958.
Area L AHEC and the NC AHEC have collaborated to become more inclusive of student’s needs. Because of this, we have adopted an Emotional Support Contract for students who need to bring their Emotional Support Animals while staying in AHEC housing. The contract is linked above. Please read it in its entirety. All contracts and other required items should be sent to Michaela Karriker. Any questions and/or concerns should also be directed to Michaela.
Effective August 25, 2023, AHEC Housing does not have a COVID-19 vaccination policy beyond what schools or clinical sites require. It is assumed that you are in compliance with your program’s vaccination policies. This may mean that students from different programs are vaccinated to different extents. Please be aware of this if you choose to use AHEC housing. Please see the linked document for full details. If you have any questions, please contact Michaela Karriker.