Area L AHEC is pleased to provide housing for students during community-based training experiences within Edgecombe, Halifax, Nash, Northampton, and Wilson counties. Seven apartments are maintained in Wilson, Rocky Mount, and Roanoke Rapids.
- Each apartment is completely furnished, including cookware, microwave oven, coffee maker, toaster, tv, and washer/dryer
- Wireless internet access is provided
- Students are responsible for bringing sheets (twin or full bed), towels, blankets, toiletries, pillows, and other expendable items
- Cleaning supplies are provided to students as they are expected to help keep the apartments clean and in good condition
- Student spouses or family members cannot be accommodated
- Pets are PROHIBITED
When AHEC housing is available, students are requested to use this lodging. Students who choose not to utilize available AHEC housing are responsible for securing and paying for their own lodging.
Students from the following schools are considered to have an affiliation with the NC AHEC program:
- Campbell University
- Duke University
- East Carolina University
- Elon University
- Gardner-Webb University
- High Point University
- Meredith College
- Methodist University
- UNC-Chapel Hill
- Wake Forest University
- Western Carolina University
- Wingate University
- Winston Salem State University
Housing is available at the following locations:
Application for Housing
- Applications are processed in the order they are received, so early reservations are advised
- Submit your application as soon as your rotation dates are confirmed, even if you are not AHEC affiliated
- Other applications will be accepted, space permitting, on a first-come, first-served basis
In order to receive instructions on where to get your key, you will need to complete the required online forms, listed below in the blue Housing Forms Box. After you have completed the forms we will be in contact with you about where to get your keys.
If you have any additional questions or concerns regarding housing please contact our Housing Coordinator, Michaela Karriker, or call her at 252-972-6958.
Area L AHEC and the NC AHEC have collaborated to become more inclusive of student’s needs. Because of this, we have adopted an Emotional Support Contract for students who need to bring their Emotional Support Animals while staying in AHEC housing. The contract is linked above. Please read it in its entirety. All contracts and other required items should be sent to Michaela Karriker. Any questions and/or concerns should also be directed to Michaela.
Area L AHEC and the NC AHEC have adopted a Covid-19 policy starting October 31, 2021, all students staying in AHEC housing will need to be fully vaccinated. Please see the linked policy for full details. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Michaela Karriker.