Area L AHEC is pleased to provide housing for students during community-based training experiences within Edgecombe, Halifax, Nash, Northampton, and Wilson counties. Seven apartments are maintained in Wilson, Rocky Mount, and Roanoke Rapids.
Register for Housing
- Each apartment is completely furnished, including cookware, microwave oven, coffee maker, toaster, and washer/dryer
- Wireless internet access is provided
- Students are responsible for bringing sheets (twin bed), towels, blankets, toiletries, and other expendable items
- Students are expected to help keep the apartments clean and in good condition
- Each apartment can accommodate up to four students (two twin beds per room)
- Student spouses or family members cannot be accommodated
- Pets are PROHIBITED
When AHEC housing is available, students are requested to use this lodging. Students who choose not to utilize available AHEC housing are responsible for securing and paying for their own lodging.
Students from the following schools are considered to have an affiliation with the NC AHEC program:
Housing is available at the following locations:
Application for Housing
- Campbell University
- Duke University
- East Carolina University
- Elon University
- Gardner-Webb University
- High Point University
- Meredith College
- Methodist University
- UNC-Chapel Hill
- Wake Forest University
- Western Carolina University
- Wingate University
- Winston Salem State University
- Applications are processed in the order they are received, so early reservations are advised
- Submit your application as soon as your rotation dates are confirmed, even if you are not AHEC affiliated
- Other applications will be accepted, space permitting, on a first-come, first-served basis
- Submit an application as soon as rotation dates are confirmed, even if you are not AHEC affiliated
- It is advised that all students make reservations as early as possible
In order to receive instructions on where to get your key, you will need to complete the required online forms, listed below in the blue Resources Box. After you have completed the forms we will be in contact with you about where to get your keys.
If you have any additional questions or concerns regarding housing please contact our Program Assistant for Student Training and Housing Michaela Karriker
, or call her at 252-972-6958.
Emotional Support Animals
Area L AHEC and the NC AHEC have collaborated to become more inclusive of student’s needs. Because of this, we have adopted an Emotional Support Contract for students who need to bring their Emotional Support Animals while staying in AHEC housing. You will find the contract below. Please read it in its entirety. All contracts and other required items should be sent to Michaela Karriker. Any questions and/or concerns should also be directed to Michaela.
Emotional Support Animals Policy
Area L AHEC and the NC AHEC have adopted a Covid-19 policy and starting October 31st
, all students staying in AHEC housing will need to be fully vaccinated. Please see the linked policy for full details. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Michaela Karriker.